• Hilsa 1 kilogram
• Yellow Mustard Seeds
• Salt to taste
• Turmeric powder 1 teaspoon
• Yellow mustard seeds 1 teaspoon
• Mustard seeds 1 teaspoon
• Green chillies 2-3
• Ginger 1 inch piece
• Mustard oil 3 tablespoons
1. Wash the ﬁsh well and clean it from inside. Sprinkle salt and half of the turmeric powder. Make a smooth paste of yellow mustard seeds, black mustard seeds, green chillies, ginger and salt.
2. Take a pressure cooker. Add three cups of water and place a ring in it.
3. Take a pan and place the ﬁsh in it and place the pan on the ring in the pressure cooker. Add remaining turmeric powder to prepared paste.
4. Apply paste liberally on ﬁsh. Pour mustard oil on top. Adjust seasoning. Cover with lid and steam for eight to ten minutes. Serve hot.